Search This Blog

Monday, December 05, 2005

The Snow Cometh...

Well... it was inevitable. Snow. :: sigh :: And when we were at the grocery store yesterday (oblivious to the weather report) I walked by the ice melter pellet thingies on the way out and said to Tom, "We REALLY should get some of those soon so we have them in case it snows." Drat. I also neglected to get the red potatoes I needed and a box of spaghetti. So Ben and I will be bundling up and heading back out this morning before the big white out before the crazies all come out en masse to clear the shelves of toilet paper and bread.

After that, I guess it will be just a cozy day inside for us. Luckily, I have all the ingredients for my Christmas cookies and lots of knitting supplies to hold me over. :) It will actually be nice to be home all day... we had a really long and busy weekend and I hardly saw these four walls.

Yesterday was Tom's dad's birthday dinner so we spent a good part of the day at my inlaws' house. It was really nice... when we got there, their tree was ready to be decorated and the Christmas carols were on. So the three brothers and Ben put the ornaments on the tree and I played photographer. Ben was mostly a hinderance, but I did get some cute pictures. I think I also got a good one of Tom and his two brothers, which is always a challenge because they are always all running in seperate directions. None of the pictures were taken with my camera though, so I don't have them to share, sadly. :(

Anyway, then we had a nice dinner and discovered Ben is a HUGE lasagna fan. Woohoo! He really does eat pretty much anything these days. It's weird how that transition happened and I didn't even really notice WHEN it happened exactly. I usually keep a Lil Entree in my diaperbag as a backup when we go out, but I hardly ever use it anymore!

So anyway, enough rambling. I hear the sounds of the infamous crib aquarium. He cranks it up to the highest volume. The kid's not even two and I'm ALREADY saying, "TURN THAT MUSIC DOWN!!!" This does NOT bode well.

I'm guessing I'll be posting pictures of snow later... but not of us out IN in because Ben doesn't have any snowpants yet!! How sad! :(

No comments: