I took Benjamin over to the the mall this morning in an attempt to get a picture of him with "Ho Ho". I did not have a good feeling about it going into it, but had another mission at the mall anyway, so it wouldn't be a total bust if the Santa thing didn't work out.
When we got there, Ho Ho hadn't arrived yet (we're morning people, what can I say?), so we wandered around. I went into Gymboree and bought him some little mittens that match this winter outfit he has from there. We went into the Disney store and he pointed out all the "mows" (Mickey Mouses) and we then we accidentally wandered into Benjamin heaven.... two people with guitars singing Wheels on the Bus. Jackpot! We discovered that this mall does a kiddie fun day every Tuesday at 10a.m.! With music! And singing! And toddlers galore! And wheels on buses! So, we sang along for awhile and then headed off to find Ho Ho.
There was no line for Ho ho when we got there. We walked right in....Ben all the while yammering about the "lights" and "hot" and "snowy" then the poor child caught sight of Ho Ho. Deer in headlights moment. Horrified look. Backed into me as far as he could go. This is a child who is NOT shy, but certain people strike him as really REALLY scary... our old pediatrician and this Santa in particular. I can't blame him. Go over and visit Mamac-ta's blog to see for yourself. (since we apparently have both a hospital we gave birth at AND a Santa in common) He WAS scary. I wouldn't have sat on his lap either. I did try to put Ben up there just to see what he'd do and he FAH-REAKED. So no Santa picture... maybe not for a LONG time.
No comments:
Post a Comment