Search This Blog

Friday, December 09, 2005

Snow. But Not the Good Kind.

When the local news ran umpteen crawlers across the bottom of the the screen all during Survivor last night, you would have thought we were getting 24 inches of snow. I was all ready to spend today in my cozy house... Tom would be home from work... we'd watch movies and make cookies and play with Ben together. Oh the FUN we would have!

But the snow... it was pitiful. Three inches, at best and then it turned to rain. This really just makes it a pain... and quite heavy to shovel (not that I do that). Tom was out the door this morning by 8a.m.

Lameness. My cozy snow day dreams are now a distant memory.

Instead, I spent the morning dealing with mysterious hives all over Ben's bottom and his face. I have yet figure out what would touch BOTH of those places and set off hives. The top contenders are the lotion I used on my hands this morning and the possibility that the particular cloth diaper he had on was accidentally washed and dried with the regular clothes and thus, was exposed to a dryer sheet. Otherwise? I'm baffled. He's fine now. And, I might add, napping quite nicely after a dose of Benadryl. Hee. :D

No comments: