Search This Blog

Sunday, December 18, 2005

C is for Cookie!

Today we're going over to my inlaws' house to make cookies! It's a tradition that fell by the wayside for a few years, but with a grandchild in the family, I thought it would be nice to start it up again. On this topic, I saw a commercial for Tollhouse break and bake cookies last night while I was watching The Sound of Music. I am a big fan of break and bake during the rest of the year, but if you're going to make Christmas cookies... break and bake??? C'mon! How fun is that? At least buy the cookie dough log so it's a LITTLE more work.

Anyway, so I'm looking forward to Cookie Day. (I hope Jen doesn't mind that I stole the name!) ;) If I had thought further ahead, I would have gotten Ben a little apron that said Cookie Day or Nanee's Little Helper on it, but alas, my mind was elsewhere.

I'm still busy stuffing stockings over here. I thought I was finished, but then I kept finding things... like a Cookie Monster electric toothbrush for Ben. I know he will just think that is the coolest thing ever. Frankly, I'm not sure I will be finished stuffing stockings until Christmas morning. It's challenging, but it's SO fun.

We also had one more big gift to buy (for my father-in-law) and we braved Home Depot yesterday afternoon to get it. Tom still has to go get his youngest brother's gift and his grandmother's gift (both are at places are right near his office, so he'll just run over during lunch one day next week). Otherwise, I guess we're finished. I feel like I've said that a hundred times since November, but it seems there is always just "one more thing" to get.

No comments: