Search This Blog

Friday, December 09, 2005

Holday Meme...

Welcome to the 2005 Holiday Edition of Getting to Know Your Friends!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate OR coffee with a little eggnog in it OR better yet... an Eggnog Latte from Starbucks


2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wrapped. But not very well. I Our Santa never quite learned how to use scissors.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White... they are simple, tasteful and pretty.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No. But only because I never remember to go looking for it.

5. When do you put your decorations up? A week after Thanksgiving.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Greenbean casserole

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? staying up until midnight (or later!) or Christmas Eve and then STILL waking up around 5 or 6 a.m. so excited to open presents and wake everyone else up.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Are you ready for this? I never believed in Santa! I wouldn't tell Benjamin about Santa if it were up to me, but Tom insists... so he wins that one. It's not worth fighting over.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? My mom always let my brother and me open our new pajamas on Christmas Eve.

10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him? There was no santa in my house! I'm sorry! ;) I guess if we do the cookie/santa thing with Ben, it will be chocolate chip, and carrots for the reindeer.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Loved it as a kid. Hated it when I was working (beacuse I almost always had to go in anyway) Love it now because I can just sit back with my coffee and enjoy it.

12. Can you ice skate? yes. But my husband... he can't. It's very sad. He was once mocked by several small children after falling down a hundred times. So he won't go with me anymore and thus, I never get to go. :(

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Cabbage patch kid one year, a really cool telescope... most recently, my video camera.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? traditions and spending time with family.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Chocolate chip cookies!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Stockings ... also, more recently, I like going to my inlaws house and taking the "coming down the stairs" picture. It's so funny!

17. What tops your tree? A silver wire star. This is the first year we've had a tree topper since we've been married!

18. Which do you prefer Giving or Receiving? Giving!!! I love picking out the perfect gifts for people!!

19. What is your favorite Christmas Carol? Oh Holy Night

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Not so much a mint fan... but find me a chocolate candy cane and I'll love you forever.

No comments: