Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Random Updates from the Trenches...

* Tom is still in bed. You KNOW this bug is bad since my husband has not only taken two sick days at this point, but has also only left bed to brush his teeth and go to the bathroom.

* I still feel fine.

* Ben has taken up a new obsession -- Mary Poppins. I know, interesting transition! -- from Star Wars to Mary Poppins. We are awaiting the DVD from Netflix, which I just restarted because none of the streaming movie places have MP and our only copy is on VHS. He insists on dressing like a chimney sweep and his uncanny reproductions of Dick Van Dyke's dance moves, which he has been studying by watching YouTube MP numbers have me wondering if I shouldn't sign him up for dance lessons. ;)

* Speaking of lessons... our neighbor invited us along to an open gym time this morning at a nearby gymnastics place. Oh MY golly ned, Ben seriously had the best time EVER. He jumped on the trampolines, he ran around nonstop, he jumped into the foam pit over and over and over and over again. I've been toying with the idea of putting him in a gymnastics class for almost two years now because if there has ever been a kid who could use 45 minutes of tumbling and running, it's him. Anyway, I've never actually done it because we always had Gymboree going on... Gymboree has since picked up and moved to the other side of town, not to mention he has outgrown it so I'm thinking now's a good time. A new session is starting, so I'm looking into getting him into a class. Jen, I know you are going to kill me because I've said I was going to do this forever now, I finally am, and it's at the OTHER gymnastics place!!! :(

* I forgot how much gymnastics places smell like feet.

* Another mother there actually took the time to stop me and tell me how much the boys look alike. I'm getting that a lot lately, which is interesting, because I've been thinking that more and more myself. Simon's look must be changing again... he does share a lot of the same expression as his brother, so I think that's probably a big part of it too...

* I'm tired. Once again I am reminded how lucky I am to have Tom as my parenting teammate. I can't imagine being a single mother and I do not know how they do it... really and truly, hats off to any of you who are single parents.

No comments: