Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Still Alive...

The husband, he is sick. He came home from work yesterday around 4:30 with a temp and crawled right into bed. I ordered him to please stay there because when he tries to get up when he is this sick, he always passes out and it scares me to death that he's going to hit his head on something on the way down! I brought him tea, I brought him Motrin, I brought him food, I brought him ice water, I took his temp (103! Weee!!) and then got the heck out of Dodge.

I slept in Ben's top bunk last night in what is probably a futile effort to avoid getting this awful plague. For what it's worth, the top bunk is actually not so bad. I just couldn't stay warm because I'm used to my toasty electric blanket. That, and I had two baby monitor receivers I was listening to... one for Simon and one for Tom because seriously, I do not trust him to get out of bed on his own, so whenever he had to say... pee, I got up and went in to make sure he got there okay and stood outside the door to make sure he stayed conscious until he was back in bed.

I'm kicking myself for not getting a flu shot. I ALWAYS get a flu shot, but this year, I just didn't have the time to go track one down. But then again, it seems like it might not have done me any good anyway because BEN had a flu shot and he still got it and his Aunt Debbie (who I'm pretty sure we gave this bug to) did too. Oh, and we do know for sure it's the flu because was actually tested.

I am currently plowing through household chores because, though I hope I am wrong, I am counting on it only being a mere few days before I am bed ridden as well. I feel completely FINE, except I keep losing my voice in the morning. I am washing my hands like a crazy person and keeping Tom quarantined. Maybe it will save me. Maybe it won't... I frankly think it's probably too late. I just hope if I do get sick, it's not until after he's better because seriously... the children will need to be UPS'ed to the grandparents.

No comments: