Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

School Tales...

Actually, I don't have much to share... but I haven't done a school post in awhile so, here it is. :)

* They did vision testing today. I'm interested to see if Ben has any issues... Tom seems to think he can't see distance well (because he likes to sit very close to the television). I haven't noticed any problems. Personally, I think he just likes to be closer to the Star Wars characters.

* The cute little dress-up station in their big playroom that was converted to Santa's Workshop back at Christmas time, has now been re-themed as a post office. I was admiring all the little details as I left this afternoon and happened to notice, among the addressed envelopes decorating the outside of it, one said "Mit Romney" I was giggling to myself when Katharine (SIL's mom) informed me that she had slipped that one in there. Too funny. Reminded me of a hidden Mickey. ;)

* After I dropped Ben off this morning and was heading for the door, I had the distinct feeling I was being followed. I turned and right on my heels was another mom from Ben's class... she's very nice, but you can tell she's extremely introverted and super serious. (and for me to call someone introverted, you KNOW they are quiet). Anyway, once I acknowledged her, she pounced on me and asked very quietly, "So how'd you do with registration? Do you know do you know?" I replied that I thought we'd probably gotten what we wanted since I was there bright and early... but that I hadn't heard anything." "We haven't heard yet either!" she said, and scurried off. It was a tres weird encounter.

* Katharine walked me through how to sign up for the extra hour (Lunch Bunch) the school offers. I hope Ben's up to it, because that extra hour would be AWESOME. :)

That's pretty much it. I don't have any interesting art or mailbox fodder to share. There are optional teacher conferences coming up, which I'm trying to decide if I want to do and a Valentine's Day party! :)

Ben told me they made Valentines at school already... also that art with Miss Erika got a thumbs up today and that they sang Open, Shut Them. Yep. That's all the details I get. (sigh)

No comments: