Search This Blog

Sunday, May 16, 2004

To Answer A Question...

I just noticed a question from Leslie in the comments section about Ben's 4-D ultrasound pictures. I thought I'd answer it in a post so it doesn't get lost, and because I get a lot of search engine hits about 4-D ultrasounds. So this info might be useful to lots of people. :)

We got the 4-D done at 31 weeks at First Glance Fetal Imaging. Their website says the best pictures are obtained between 28 and 34 weeks. First Glance is the only place in my area I could find that does 4-D ultrasound non-medically -- (as in, you don't need your doctor to send you there). but, people living in other parts of the country are lucky to have more widely spread franchises like Fetal Foto. Our ultrasound cost about $200 and included a 30 minute video of the whole thing set to music, a cd full of pictures captured during the session and really nice prints of some of our favorite pictures. The whole experience was really amazing and I don't regret spending the money on it at all. We have looked at the pictures and video since Ben's birth and the 4-D was eerily accurate. He really did come out looking like his pictures! :) And now that he's here, we see the same facial expressions and gestures we saw him make when he was still inside me. How cool is that?

People always ask me if we'll do all these sorts of things for the next child. My answer? Probably. I don't imagine that pregnancy will be any less amazing the second time around and I know I'll want to start to get to know my next baby as soon as possible too!

To quote Leslie's comment: "I still can't believe we GROW these things." ;)

No comments: