Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Interesting Decision to Make...

Since I made the decision to be a stay-at-home-mom, I haven't looked back... well, except to ocassionally have lunch with some of my favorite ex-coworkers.

Anyway, I got an interesting proposal from my old boss yesterday via e-mail. He wants to pay me to be the "Keeper of the Website" for the company. I am torn between jumping in headfirst and running as fast as I can in the opposite direction.

On one hand, I'm certainly not bored at home. There is always plenty to do. And I like that I can pretty much do things in my own time. I also don't miss the day-to-day office crap or my old job. I'm wary of committing to do this and then regretting it several months down the road when, instead of taking Ben to my aunt's pool for the day, I have to work on the website. I cut my ties with that world, and I'm just not sure I have it in me to go back... even for just this small job. Also, I worked on the website when I was employed there and it was NOT a fun job... there was tons of red tape and as I recall, WAY too many meetings.

On the other hand, it'd be a little extra money coming in... and, while we're fine financially and with our savings, extra money is always nice. It would also give me a chance to have a little more contact with the outside world-- and more excuses to go to the office and visit with my friends.

I thought about a positive of working on the website is that it might be a creative outlet, but then I remembered that all those years working in an advertising agency, I can count the number of times I was actually able to be creative (the way I wanted to be) on one hand. There are just to many rules and too many people with too many opinions. With this website project, I know it would be the same. But that's fine because comes with the territory. It's just something I would need to keep in mind.

Anyway, I fulfill any need I have to be creative with this website and Ben's scrapbook. (which I have yet to start)...

So all that being said, I don't know what I'm going to do. I told my boss I'd come in later this week and talk to him about it. So we'll see ..

No comments: