Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Ow.

Today started just like any other day, except that I woke up with this nagging, pinched feeling in my back. As the morning went on, it slowly inched its way down the right side of my back and eventually left me somewhat immobile on the bathroom floor. Luckily, at the time, Ben was in his bouncy seat in the bathroom with me. Luckier still, he had fallen asleep. And, I had the phone in the bathroom with me.

I called Tom, who came home to take care of Ben until my mom could get here. The pain kept getting worse and I couldn't find any position that relieved it. What I wouldn't have given for an epidural! ;) Thankfully, my mom came over and watched the baby all day and eventually around 4:00 or so and after several hot baths, a shower, three ibuprofen, a tylenol PM, and lots of quality time with the heating pad, my back suddenly stopped hurting. Whew.

I'll tell you though, it gave me some perspective. I'd much rather deal with yesterday's screaming Ben then the pain I was in today. Suddenly a crying baby just doesn't seem so horrible.

No comments: