Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Perspective at 3 in the Morning...

There is an insurance commercial that is running right now; I think it's for State Farm. You see scenes of people up at all hours of the night spending sweet, tender moments walking around with babies, feeding babies, comforting crying babies. It's all set to some sentimental music ("We Live Where You Live...") and heartwarming voiceover...

Anyway, everytime I catch this commercial in the middle of the day, I think, "Yeeeah... that IS sweet... being up at 3a.m. isn't that bad... those are priceless moments with my child...what was I thinking?!"

I'm such a sucker for sappy advertising.

When I'm actually up at 3a.m. (as I am right now), reality hits me like a 1 pound can of formula falling from a grocery store shelf.

This is NOT sweet.
It IS that bad.
And I really wish Ben would sleep through the night so I could spend my priceless moments with him during the day and be well rested while doing so.

Gotta go feed the baby. ;)

No comments: