Last night, I got up to feed him at 2a.m. and he was so sleepy he could barely muster the energy to take half of the bottle. After awhile, I gave up and put him back in his crib. Figures, ten minutes later I hear little coos coming from the baby monitor. I go to investigate and guess who is WIDE awake in his crib talking his mobile? Yep. This would be fine if he'd be content doing this until he fell asleep. But eventually he gets annoyed and lonely and starts to cry. So trying to go back to sleep before he did would have been pointless. Grr... he was up until 3a.m.
I just have to laugh when I'm standing over his crib at that time of night/morning, barely conscious, staring at a baby that's just smiling and cooing like it's two in the afternoon. I almost took a picture last night but in my stupor, I couldn't remember where I put the camera. Maybe tonight...
On another topic, Tom is going to a dinner for work this evening. This means I will be left with the baby for something like 14 hours today. I can't even think about it that way or I start to feel like I'm going insane. I might have to take him to grandma's this evening for awhile...

No comments:
Post a Comment