We celebrated Ben's 11th birthday yesterday with Tom's side of the family! It was a quick and harried gathering, but the kids had a blast nonetheless. Ben had picked out cupcakes from Graul's. On the way out, he and I spotted these cool roman numeral candles and both agreed they were a must have. ;)
His favorite birthday gift thusfar, no joke, a set of a dozen flare pens from Aunt Krystyna and Uncle Marc. I had told Krystyna he really wanted them, and that truly they would be a great and easy standalone gift. I know she didn't believe me. They also got him a cool Rubik's cube variation with a crazy number of sides, which he also loves... but he really would have been thrilled with just the pens. He HUGGED them when he opened them. LOL!
What can I say? He loves pens! I was actually considering for one of his gifts from us just raiding the pen aisle at Office Depot and filling a basket with different kinds. Flare pens, in particular, are his favorite though. And until now, he hasn't actually owned any of his own, just pilfered them from school and other places. ;)
This is how he blew out his XI. So much for the awesome candle blowing picture I always put on the photo calendar. Going to have to try again tomorrow or Sunday when we celebrate with my family!

1 comment:
Happy birthday to Ben! (& I'm getting those candles! How fun!)
Post a Comment