Ben is home all by himself this week and thus far, I'd say he's pretty darn happy about that. This morning, he rode along for school drop-offs, which he wasn't happy about because I woke him up and made him get dressed and eat breakfast before 8:30…. but he eventually perked up. Then he came to the library with me and "helped". (actually he just played Civilization on my laptop while I worked on some things… but Mrs. T was happy to see him and he also got to say hi to one of his favorite teachers from last year) After that, I took him over to Old Navy to get uniform shorts and let him pick out a few things. He actually REALLY likes to shop for clothes (for himself), which is sort of funny! I had to rein him in!
I took him to lunch and now we're home for a little bit watching a history channel documentary about stealth bombers together before I have to go pick up Jonathan and Simon.
Wait, I take that back, he just left me to go shoot baskets in the driveway. LOL.
It's super weird to think that this would be my life if he had been an only child. It's so easy and he's great to go places with without the younger ones. (often, he's the one that causes the most trouble when we're out with all three… ) Then again, life would also probably be super boring in a lot of ways! I wouldn't change it… it's just strange and interesting to imagine….
2 comments:
That sounds like a nice start to your birthday!! Hope you have a great day! (Since I'm not sure if you are checking fb.)
Thanks, Katie! :) I'm checking it in the morning (and to be honest, I've looked a few other times today because a camp I used to work at has been posting old photos all day and tagging me in them. LOL!)
Just not posting… soon though. :)
Post a Comment