Yesterday was such an amazing day, weather-wise! I had wanted to get over to the garden shop to get some seeds to start but Ben had reached his max of errand-running time. His spring break is somewhat cramping my errands style. HA! It has been nice having him around otherwise though. ;)
Simon has made this wonderful little friend, Nick. Nick has been over a few times, but yesterday, Simon went to HIS house. They actually played outside for awhile. (Nick's mom made them.. YES!!) She says they rode scooters and bikes and talked Minecraft. LOL.
Nick and Simon have so much in common. Neither of them play sports, which is HUGE. Simon is always hanging out by himself at, for instance, Ben's basketball games, even though several classmates are there too. It seems every other kid on the planet wants to play basketball/baseball/lacrosse/soccer/all of the above. He just doesn't have it in him. He can enjoy a backyard game of wiffle ball/kickball/basketball or whatever once in awhile, and with some practice, might be able to play some of the rec sports sports well enough to at least get by, he just doesn't have a competitive bone in his body nor any interest whatsoever.
Anyway, so he and Nick are peas-in-a-pod in many ways and it's just NICE.
Right after Nick's mom dropped Simon off, our neighbor came knocking at the door, so Simon never even came inside yesterday until bedtime. Totally unheard of. I was so excited, I didn't even make him do his homework. (Technology Tuesday makes that easy… he was just supposed to play on two websites) ;)
Ben, Simon, and the neighbor spent two solid hours digging in the vacant lot next to our house. This is their favorite thing to do lately. I actually had to relocate them because I discovered yesterday that they HAD been digging up a spot at the top of the driveway, which I now have to fix and plant grass seed on. (boys!!!)
They got all the hammers out of the garage workbench and went to town… looked like a tiny chain gang out there. Ben says they found flint and every time they hit it, it would spark. Cool! :)
Hoping today brings more warm-sun-shiny-weather fun! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment