Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

What's Christmas Without a Visit to the Pediatrician?

Ben had been worrying me for almost two weeks with his constant cough, stuffy nose and, the last four days, low-grade fever. Until the fever, I was chalking it up to allergies. Then he got all lethargic and had no appetite, but had just gotten over that stomach bug... which I also blamed the fever on. Then after a day or so, the bug was gone, fever stayed... cough, runny nose, fever. (sigh) I was pretty sure I knew what it was because, but of course, I can't write prescriptions, so off we went...

Verdict? Sinus infection. Poor kid. He's on the mend now that he has his medicine though, so Christmas is saved.

... or is it?

Simon has had the same on again, off again runny nose since just before the stomach bug. Of course, whatever cold virus it was is long gone... (I actually don't even remember him really having a cold!) But it's Simon, so now he's coughing. Which means more asthma medicine... and it will most definitely mean a trip to the pediatrician for antibiotics for the inevitable pneumonia it will turn into. I even said to the nurse at the ped's office yesterday, "See you Friday with the other one!" (because it's clearly not pneumonia yet and if I take him in too soon they won't give him anything and I'll be back two days later)

It. Never. Ends.

No comments: