Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Not Much Going on...

I feel like I have been fighting off a cold for about four? five? days now... it never seems to get any worse... just a low-grade sore throat in the morning and a sniffly nose. Then it goes away by the afternoon. I'd chalk it up to allergies, but I've been faithfully taking all of my allergy medicine for almost two weeks. Hoping to keep it at bay, I've been using Zicam every day I have woken up with the sore throat... dunno whether to give it credit for keeping it from getting any worse, but so far so good.

-----

Today is Elf Shop at Ben's school! I had really wanted to be a gift wrapper again this year because it's really fun seeing what all the kids pick out for their parents, brothers and sisters... but the wrapping spots filled up in about five seconds the day the sign-up sheet went up. Plus, I didn't really feel like figuring out where to send Simon for a morning. (sigh) Oh well.... can't wait to see what we end up with on Christmas morning!

-----

Tomorrow is the neighborhood cookie exchange... and it's at our house this year. How on EARTH do you keep a house straight for company on a weekday with two little "helpers"?! I have decided, short of putting them in front of the television for an entire day, this is not possible. I've also decided to stop worrying about it, at least until tomorrow at around 6 when Tom gets home, because, until then there is not much I can do other than maintenance and it's all going to get undone anyway. Honestly, I am not being totally anal about it. It doesn't need to be pristine, just presentable... but even that is still a challenge when my kids insist on alternating which floor they want to trash at any given time. Thankfully, I'll have lighting on my side... the evening, low light hours are kind to my house's flaws. ;)

-----

My power just browned out. Why? Can the powerlines not handle a little rain? I swear, we lose power SO often in this neighborhood, it's ridiculous.

No comments: