Search This Blog

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Last Day of Gymnastics!

(of the session, I signed him for the next one without hesitation!)

Today they let the parents in for the last fifteen minutes to watch the kids show off and to do a little awards ceremony. Ben SHINED during today's class too! I could see some of it through the window before they let us in... he did a flip (skin the cat style) completely by himself for the first time EVER (see pics below) and also lots of unassisted back somersaults and walkovers on the wedges. I could tell he must be showing off more than usual because the teacher kept going over to him to watch and then gave him tons of praise. Honestly? She usually reserves most of her attention for the little girls, something I have found a little annoying... but not today! It was the Ben show! ;) He ate it up too... and by the time I got in there, he wanted to show me everything he could do!

When they let the parents in, she pulled me aside to tell me she saw some REALLY interesting and impressive things from him today! :) I think he surprised her! I so hope he continues to enjoy it and to blossom!

Anyway, here are few pics!




The class waiting for their certificates... you can see how much the girls outnumber the boys. ;) Interesting to note this class has thinned out a LOT since it started... it was SO crowded and every week, fewer and fewer kids came. I don't understand why people pay for this stuff and then don't go...


Mr. Serious during the awards ceremony


Here, the teacher is making sure he stays straight... he landed on his feet too, which she said was awesome!

No comments: