Search This Blog

Monday, December 08, 2008

Not So Much a Baby Anymore!

This morning, I officially signed Simon up for school for next year. It's just a Mommy and Me program at the school where Ben goes, but still... my baby! School! Hard to imagine... wasn't he just born? Anyway, it was exciting, though anticlimactic because I just turned over a form and a check to the lady in the school office.

In keeping with his big boy status, he's also talking up a storm all of a sudden and has started saying phrases.. his favorites are "One more book!" (which sounds like "Uh muh buh!") and "One more Blues Clues!" (Uh muh buh cuhs!) He also says "Daddy's shoes", "Ben's shoes" and "My shoes" (Dada shhhuhs, Beh shuuhs, mah shuuhs), "Bye Bye Dada!" and "Bye Bye fish" (when we leave Ben's room or the fish in the big room at Ben's school) He has names for all of his favorite books, very few of which sound the like the actual titles, but are words nonetheless.

He repeats more and more too... this morning, I was talking about Blue from Blues Clues being on his diaper and he said "Blue" clearly, instead of his usual "buh". I have to say that the 18-month verbal explosion that I read so much about when Ben was a baby is WAY fun... as I've said before, I totally missed out on this last time around! I'm enjoying it a lot! :)

No comments: