Late yesterday afternoon, round about 3 or so, I was at my parents' house with the boys... Simon was drinking a little bit of Fresca out of a cup with a straw (because Ben was, so that's that) when all of a sudden he coughed once and out came the whole cup of Fresca. We chalked it up to the fact that he downed his whole cup of carbonated beverage in about 30 seconds. He was fine and went off to play.
When we got home, I mentioned it Tom and took Simon upstairs to take his temperature just case. He was fine. He played happily all evening. He didn't eat much, but he DOESN'T eat much these days anyway, so I can't use that as a gauge of anything.
Around 5, I offered him a couple little crackers, some shredded cheese and a banana. I went down to fold some laundry and fifteen minutes later, Tom came down to tell me he had thrown up the cracker he ate, twice.
Odd. Still no fever. Still happy child.
I gave him a bath and. once again, he went back to playing. He even drank a cup of milk (he found it before I could get to it) and then some juice. It all stayed put. He went to bed without incident and slept all night.
So what WAS that? Has anyone else had or heard about anything similar lately? If it was a stomach bug, it was the mildest ever... he didn't even seem bothered by it! I don't even know anyone who has been sick with anything stomach-related. Though, yes, I realize things are going around and it's all over all the public places I go. I try not to think about that. (shudder)
And, of course, psychosomatic or not, MY stomach is now bothering me. My stomach gets nauseated so often though that I pretty much ignore it until I actually throw something up. So sitting here drinking my coffee and we'll see how that goes.
And, knock on wood, Ben is 100% fine! Weird... so weird.
No comments:
Post a Comment