On Pregnancy:
I can't remember not being pregnant. I guess that's a good thing, because if I COULD remember not being pregnant, I'd probably be complaining a lot more than I already am. It's hard to believe that I EVER wore pants with buttons and zippers, or normal-sized shirts. I packed all of those clothes away months and months ago so I wouldn't have to look at them every day. It's also hard to believe I'll ever be the same size I used to be... I'll believe it when I see it.
On Night Feedings:
Tom seems to think he's going to get away without having to get up in the middle of the night to feed the baby. I hope he's not entirely serious about this. Yes, he does have to go to work and I won't, so I'll be doing most of it... that's fair. But I really want him to have this quiet bonding time with his son.... that, and a full night's sleep for me wouldn't be so bad either.
On Registries:
There is a debate going on on the message board that I read about registries and etiquette. The way I see it, the registry is just a guide. In my ideal world, everyone would shop off the registry, there'd be no duplication and each item would be neatly checked off. (but that's just me, I REALLY like checking off lists)
However, just the fact that someone would be so generous as to want to give us a gift in the first place means a lot and would be met with much appreciation. With a registry though, they at least know what we don't have yet and they can feel like they're giving us something we'll use. There are very few things on the registry that I'm actually picky about ... (big stuff mostly, stroller, carseat...things I researched for safety etc..) and those are things we will purchase for ourselves if we don't get them. The way I see it, people who have been there, done that know better than me what I'm going to need the most anyway.
Baby's Position:
I really think this hard, round thing sticking up into my ribcage is a baby butt or a baby back. More hands-on research is needed before a final conclusion can be reached...
No comments:
Post a Comment