Yesterday was our second baby class. The main topic of the day was pushing ... I have decided that pushing, like most of the rest of pregnancy, is icky. We watched two birth videos: one of a medicated birth, one of a natural birth. If you ask me, both of them strongly helped the argument for a c-section. And if I have to hear the words "bulging perinium" ever again, Benjamin will be an only child.
The best part of yesterday's class was that we got to take a tour of the Labor and Delivery unit. I think I speak for all the women in the class when I say I was a little disappointed in the Labor, Delivery and Recovery rooms. The description on the website says this: "With homelike labor and delivery and recovery suites, the Family Childbirth Center is designed to make this precious time for new moms as safe and pleasant as possible." Okay, safe maybe, but pleasant? Let's just say that unless your house looks like a Motel 6 with a bed that has a 1/4"-thick matress, they are far from homelike. However, we were all relieved to learn that you only stay there until an hour after you have the baby and then you get moved to the Ritz Carlton (a.k.a. the mother/baby unit)... now THESE rooms are cool. We only got to peek into one that had a door open because there were no vacancies on Saturday.... but WOW... yeah, that's more like it. I guess it's their incentive to the laboring mothers to be efficient with the whole pushing process. ;)
On another topic, I'm still throwing up. Now it's up to multiple times a day, which is great fun. Ten more weeks... ten more weeks. And I will continue to hope that he decides to come a couple weeks early...
No comments:
Post a Comment