Nothing really new to report. The baby has been in the same position for about two weeks now. One unidentifiable limb is sort of lodged under my left rib, another makes its presence known by pushing really hard into my right hipbone. I can't figure out if this means he is head down, feet down, sideways, is doing a split or has four legs.
I've made a mental note to ask the doctor on Monday ... especially about the four legs thing.
Speaking of the doctor, I've gained exactly 1.5 pounds since my last appointment, something I'm proud of. I'm determined to cap this whole pregnancy weight gain thing at 35 pounds, well within the normal range and I've still got 8 more pounds to go before I hit that point, so I'm optimistic.
I went to the library this afternoon out of sheer boredom. Checked out a bunch of pregnancy books. Krystyna made a good point when she asked, "Haven't you read everything there is to read about pregnancy and childbirth?" She's right. I flipped through one of the books and realized I pretty much have the content memorized. The only thing I can do now is just experience it firsthand. I keep wishing there was a way to "practice" this so I know what I'm in for. Oh well.
I take SOME solace in the fact that I've had menstrual cramps so bad in the past that they have driven me to the point of being curled up in a ball, crying and feeling like I'm going to puke.
My experienced co-workers tell me labor before the epidural simply doesn't get much worse than that. So epidural it is. And a.s.a.p. Not that there was ever any question about that.
Benjamin is full-term in 9 weeks. Wouldn't it be nice if he was born then instead of waiting another
2 -4 weeks? I certainly think so, and will be doing everything within my power to try to evict him at 38 weeks. :) I'm on track to being a good mommy already... this is called setting boundaries. ;)
The baby shower is in something like 9 days. I'm really excited to see everyone and see all the work they've all put into this that they've kept hidden from me. I think it's going to be a lot of fun. But it's one of the rare times in my life I really wish I could drink. I hate hate HATE being the center of attention. I hate everyone staring at me. Ick. I got through the wedding shower okay I guess. But then again, I did have a wine cooler and strawberry daquiri before it started -- which is the most alcohol I think I've ever had in one sitting.
At the moment, I'm trying to kill the last hour and a half at work before I get to head off and spend the evening with these very same people. (It's our company holiday party tonight). I'd be looking forward to it more if I weren't so drowsy right now...
Ah well. Time to go uh... kill some more time. Over and out.
No comments:
Post a Comment