We had to have our cat, Milo, put to sleep yesterday... he had had a kidney issue for years that is fairly common in male cats and it just took a rapid turn for the worse over the last two days. :( Tom and I both took it pretty hard... and then we had to tell Ben. Last night, he really didn't get it because we put it in pretty vague terms. We were both too upset to really get down to it.
But this morning, he asked again... "Is Milo resting?" "I want him to come home." "When is he coming home?" I explained that he got too sick and couldn't come home...that he was in heaven. Ben started crying... "But I love Milo... I want to pet him. I want him to come home." Of course I started crying too... I seriously think telling Ben was worse than having to say goodbye to the cat yesterday.
(sigh) Life is so sad sometimes... I get that and accept it. But I wish Ben didn't have to find that out so soon...
No comments:
Post a Comment