Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Tired.

Last night was better, but not even close to good sleep, by any stretch. And the kicker of this fun little virus? For whatever reason, Simon WILL not sleep in his crib. Actually, he'll barely sleep without being held. He passes out quickly in our arms, but the second we try to make the transfer to the crib or, my other brilliant idea last night, a bean bag lined with his softest blanket, he wakes right up and screams. We've been lulling him to sleep and then putting him ever so gently in our bed in between us, which, for whatever reason, seems to be the only thing that KINDA works. I think it's warm enough to trick him into thinking he's still in someone's arms... still, he sleeps fitfully and wakes up about a thousand times. I considered it a small success last night when he woke up at 2a.m., but didn't scream and, instead, wanted to play.

I hope this virus gets the heck out of dodge soon because I'm not sure how long I can function on this little sleep. It's worse than any newborn, first-night-home nights we EVER had with EITHER baby.

Everything I've read says it can last from 5-15 days. By my calculations, I think he could be on day 3-4. The snot production has ramped up by about a thousand percent since just yesterday, so I figure that puts us smack in the middle of it. Fifteen days is a long time... a very, very long time. :(

No comments: