So many firsts this year with the whole preschool thing. And this morning, I got to watch the crawl on the bottom of the tv screen for the first time as a mom. ;)
I have to tell you, I was rooting for no delay because Ben's school day is already only 2-1/2 hours long. Unfortunately, the county is 2 hours late (because you know, three inches of the white stuff is reason to panic, even though the road crews have been out all night plowing the little bit that actually stuck on the road) and so he doesn't start until 10:30. Here's the thing... I'm 99.9% sure this means I still pick him up at 11:45. That's barely enough time for me to get out of the parking lot before I have to turn around and come back. I actually just might let Simon nap in the car and bring a book for myself or something. It's at least 12 minutes either direction to get ANYWHERE... home, Target, inlaws' house, good coffee place. The only thing thing that is "just around the corner" is a Safeway (which now that I think about it, DOES have a Starbucks) and a McDonalds, and I've already done my grocery shopping for the week. Egg McMuffin, anyone? ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment