Search This Blog

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Another Plague...

Yet another plague has descended upon our home.

It seems to be the one everyone else has right now... the horrible cough that started as wet cough several days ago and now is sort of a weird cough that I can't even describe, but from watching my kids with it, I am guessing it is apparantely QUITE painful, low grade fever, strange ear pain (Kids with tubes can't HAVE ear INFECTION pain, so right now we've just labeled it "the strange ear pain"), general fatigue, whinyness/fussiness and wanting to cuddle/be held.

Simon has been up all night for two nights now, last night being the worst. Everytime he coughs, he cries that horrible ear-piercing baby pain cry... he's not eating much. Thankfully, during the day he is almost normal and so is Ben, for the most part... but the nights, the nights are bad, very bad.

I just sent Tom out for more Motrin, both infant and children's varieties. We are keeping a chart with who got what and when, hoping that keeping them consistently dosed up with the Tylenol/Motrin overlapping pain relief system will stave off the hurting and allow us all to get decent sleep tonight.

I have developed a headache over my right eye and am hoping and praying it is just that, a headache and not the beginning of this horrible, terrible, no good, very bad bug.

No comments: