Benjamin has 100% worn me out today... I feel like I have been chasing him all day, picking up one mess or another or saving him from certain death. He is ALWAYS into something, but today was an especially ornory day.
Earlier, I was playing with him in his room and he disappeared once again because he had to "go get something!" A few minutes later, I heard what sounded like him jumping on a bed... I peeked around the corner and he had climbed into Too's crib and, sure enough, was jumping up and down in it like it was a trampoline. The funny part? He STILL can't climb out of that crib, even though, right now, the mattress is at the highest settting. (he never mastered it when he was a baby either, thankfully) The funnier part? He had stopped to take his shoes off before climbing in. Heh. At least he's considerate. I helped him out and then THAT became a game. Climb into the crib, jump into my arms, back in the crib... you get the idea.
At one point, we also did pony rides through the upstairs. I can tell you this much. The body of a woman six months pregnant is not meant to be giving a three-year-old pony rides. Ouch.
We also drew with markers and painted... with many colors... he enjoyed that for awhile, but not TOO long. He gets abruptly VERY much "DONE" with artsy craftsy stuff. Here's hoping Too enjoys that sort of thing a little more because I have a HUGE box of preschool art entertainment supplies that I've put together. :(
I did get a break late this afternoon when my mom and brother watched him so I could go get my hair cut. That was nice... but now we are back home again and I am ready to pass out. Luckily, so is he, so we are watching a movie together on the couch.
I'm going to dinner tonight with some neighborhood friends, so I'm hoping a second wind finds its way to me soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment