Search This Blog

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Snow and Nesting...

More white stuff fell from the sky today. I was not exactly overjoyed by this, but decided to take the opportunity to freaky clean my kitchen.

It actually started innocently enough with me going up to the attic to dig out the box of bottles from amidst the pile of baby stuff. Then I needed a make room in one of the cabinets to put them and somehow that led to me emptying out ALL the cabinets and scrubbing them down from top to bottom.

Yes, I realize this is nesting... and a bad case of it. Read on. It gets worse.

I also threw out THREE bags of stuff and I didn't even clean out the fridge or the pantry! It all came from the cabinets! Empty bottles of cleaners, expired medicines, old sippy cups, coffee cups with missing lids... you name it. THREE. BAGS. I moved things around, organized, bleached the fronts of my gross white laminant piece of junk cabinets, alphabetized my spices, moved the fridge and vacuumed up some MASSIVE dust bunnies and cleaned the oven. Then I moved onto the standard kitchen cleaning that I do every week... counters, floors, windows, blinds, ceiling fan... blah blah. It took three hours! I wish I nested when I wasn't pregnant. My house would be much more organized. ;)

After that, my body was all, "Okay, seriously, STOP please!" and started with the Braxton Hicks contractions, so I laid down on the couch where I passed out for two solid hours while Tom and Ben watched basketball. I have a stupid sinus infection I've been in denial about that hit me like a ton of bricks this afternoon (just after the kitchen extravaganza) -- a result of the cold I had a week ago. Luckily, Tom got out to pick up my antibiotic before the snow covered the roads. Otherwise, I'd be in a world of pain right now. Instead, my head is only pounding mildly.

We took Ben out in the snow for a little while later. He was disappointed that he couldn't slide like last time. It's soft, wet snowman snow, not hard, icy snow. But we did build a little snowman!

Pictures coming soon. Of the snow, not of my insanely clean kitchen. I'm not THAT bad. :P

Tomorrow, maybe I'll tell you rivoting tales of organizing the linen closet! ;)

No comments: