Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Grumble... Snow Day!


**update**
Went to Starbucks and got myself a mocha, which I am now regretting. Gag. Hurl. But at least it was warm. Ben had a chocolate milk and pretended the empty tables were spaceships.

Came home and suited him up to play in the snow, which he kept insisting was actually sand. Once outside, he acted out desert scenes from Star Wars. (Ah... suddenly the "sand" insistence made sense.) I decided to let him play until he wanted to come in, which lasted approximately a half hour. Snapped a picture or two since it really might be the only snow we see this year! I'll put them up soon... I LOVE it when kids are so bundled up they can't bend their arms. Cracks me up everytime. ;) I tried to ge thim to lay down and make snow angels, but he was too busy being C3-PO.

---------------------------------------
As I predicted, schools are, in fact, closed today. Grrr... which means no Gymboree, which means I am one step closer to losing my sanity. So much so that I'm toying with the idea of taking Ben to the Chuck E. Cheese germpit, so you know I am desperate.

I'd call Jen, Amanda or one of my other local SAHM friends to see if they wanted to play, but I have a dentist appointment right in the middle of the afternoon that kinda messes with any plans I might attempt to make.

So for now, I will just grumble. Maybe we'll go out to Dunkin Donuts and hang out with with the senior citizen regulars. I do need a couple things at the mall, but I'm sure it will be crowded thanks to the aforementioned school closing.

I can't decide if it's too cold to take Ben out to play in the "snow". (seriously, it's an inch... MAYBE an inch and a half...) But I guess that's an option... Hrm...

No comments: