...so changing the topic from the silly news story that I totally missed the point of (and the last two minutes of) the first time I watched it... (don't I feel like a dummy)
Did you all make it out today? Because I didn't. That's two days in a row of being housebound. Ben and I had a fun day together though. We made our homemade playdough (way cool, by the way) and he actually helped and then played with it for a good half hour before announcing he was finished and going back to acting out scenes from Star Wars.
He really has quite the little imagination and memory. He has learned the lines from the movie (and no, we haven't seen it THAT many times... he seriously just has a really good memory) and tells me which character I am and what lines to say. So we did a lot of that... we also played in his little Playhut tent, filled up the bathtub and played in bubbles, and he helped me with some laundry. All in all, it was a very nice and relaxing (albeit, napless) day! :)
In other news, we both have colds, the boy and I. They came on rather suddenly, as in, sometime in the last 24 hours. While I'm just mildly annoyed by mine so far, I'm worried his is turning into croup... but only tonight will tell. I have a humidifier running in his room, so hopefully that will help. I have vivid memories of hot, steam-filled bathrooms from my croup days as a child... so if that's what it is, at least I know how to deal.
I am still hating potty training with a fiery passion. Yesterday was a dry day. (the first in over a week). But today, he had ruined his "streak" by 11a.m. and asked for a diaper. Oh well... someday... someday...
My neighbor emailed to tell me the results of her big ultrasound today (due in July) and she is having BOY! I'm so excited for her and her husband and big brother Trey! :) I was practically stalking them from my kitchen window waiting for them to get back from the appointment this afternoon! We're still waiting to see what our other neighbor is having. She didn't find out at the ultrasound, but her c-section is coming up next week sometime and I'm thinking pink! :) It's so fun that this batch of babies are all going to be the same age... even closer than all of our firstborn kiddos. When they get to be mobile, we are going to have our hands full!
What else... oh! My husband brought home two pints of Ben and Jerry's and ALL the toppings tonight for Valentine's Day. Is he the best husband of a pregnant woman, or what?! Of course, he had to go and do this the day before I have to go to an OB appointment and get weighed. D'oh. But c'est la vie... it's Valentine's Day! :)
Off to blow my nose again and somehow figure out how I am going to stay awake for Lost. Oh yeah, that's SO not happening.
No comments:
Post a Comment