Been so busy this week... gah.
Anyway so:
Our handyman has been here at the house working on a list of things I've been compiling for a year. At the top was getting rid of the massive entertainment wall unit that the previous owners left here claiming it was a "built-in" (it wasn't) It was functional, but massive, and didn't really fit with our decor. Needless to say, I was thrilled to see it leave yesterday and now our tv is hanging on the wall. The room looks weirdly empty though because we need some other things on the wall and also because we don't have the console for under the tv yet. I've also lost all my toy storage and am at a loss for what to do with pile of puzzles and toys that got emptied out of the cabinets that were part of the wall unit. So... there are pros and cons to it being gone, but mostly i'm just glad it's gone.
Ben has had a good week after a rough start. They started division with remainders in math class and he didn't grasp it well the first go-round. Monday was a rough homework night that involved pencil throwing and paper crumpling. He's got it now though and is super fast. :) So yay for that!
Simon has just had a rough week period. He's going through a bit of a moody phase... not sure why. But he's awfully surly and cranky. Today was the worst. He flipped out about going to school right before we left and I had to walk him in crying, break all the rules and walk him to the classroom, dump him with the teacher and flee. She emailed to say it took awhile, but he eventually got it together. Why was he like this today? Well, his complaints range from "There are too many people at school and I don't want to be around so many people"(?) to "We didn't get extra minutes at recess yesterday" and also, "I'm nervous about first grade." They've been talking up first grade a LOT lately in his class and I actually sort of think this may be the majority of the issue... at least the part where he doesn't want to go to school. Not sure about the general bad mood...
Jonathan is having a good week. He's the danciest, singiest, happiest little thing ever. He's also all into "helping" with everything all of a sudden. And I mean EVERYTHING. He even helps me flush the toilet. Nothing is sacred. Anyway ... he is SO much fun and I am really enjoying our days together. He is definitely going through that nap transition period where he doesn't want to go down every day but then crashes at some later and completely inconvenient time. Today he fell asleep at 2:15 in the car and then I had to wake him up at 3:15 to go get the boys at school. Not fun.
So that has been our week. I'm completely exhausted and ready for it to be the weekend! :) Loving the gorgeous summery weather though!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment