Search This Blog

Friday, April 19, 2013

Face. Palm.

Actual phone call last night:

Me: Hello?

Caller: Hi! It's Blah BlahBlah, from Mrs. Ben's Teachers' class?

Me: Oh hi, Blah Blah. How are you?

Caller: Um.... so like, I can't actually remember your name.

Me: It's Erin.

Caller: Oh right! Erin! I keep thinking you are a Becky.

-------Let's pause for a moment here. So this woman HAD to have looked up my number in the school directory in order to call... the number that my NAME is right next to.
But okay, whatever.-------


Caller: Anyway, so okay, so I wanted to call because we are having a birthday party at our house for Little Blah and I wanted to make sure Ben was available to come. He was at the top of Little Blah's list. Does Ben play sports or anything on Saturdays?

Me: Aww... that's so sweet. Yeah, Ben and Little Blah have really hit it off this year. He talks about Little Blah all the time. Anyway, yeah, all Ben does on Saturdays is swimming and we're home by noon.

Caller: Blah blah blah... party... blah blah... sooooo anyway, you can either drop off or stay. You're welcome to stay because, well, I mean, like I guess I should probably, like, try to get to know you, like, since Ben and Little Blah are, like, such good friends now.

(She sounds simply THRILLED about the prospect of getting to know me... this will be AWESOME. )

Me: That would be nice. Thanks. I'll see what we have going on that day. Ben can definitely make it to the party though.

Caller: Great! Okay, so like, send me your email address so I can send the evite thingie. You can just reply to the email I just sent out to the class!

(wait for it....)

Caller: Oh wait! DUH! That means I already HAVE your email address. Okay so like, we're good then. AWESOME!!!! 


(also to be noted, not only did she just send me an email THAT DAY, it's also in the directory... you know, next to my name...)

OMG. Why does Ben have to become BFFs with the one mom whose stupidity may actually cause my head to explode? (and trust me, this woman SO does not want to "get to know me", I promise...) 

No comments: