I have come to really and truly LOVE Mondays. Crazy. I know. The older I get, the more difficult deviating from the daily routine becomes. And Monday means we are back on track from the wacky craziness of the weekends... ahhh.... well, at least during the school year. Summers drive me nuts with the lack of structure. It's nice for a week or so then I get all antsy and lost and unproductive. I know, I have issues...
In my defense, everything is easier when we are in our routine. The kids are easier... the house upkeep is easier... everything.
Anyway... so it's Monday. A new quarter at school! Ben has vowed to not miss his reading goal again, and to start right away. So YAY for life lessons. I emailed his teacher just to make sure he wouldn't be the ONLY kid not invited to the ice cream party. I'm good with him not being allowed to go (happy about it, actually), but I would have felt bad if he was the only kid from his class eating lunch in the cafeteria Friday. Yikes. (would have gone to pick him up for an hour or something if that had been the case). She replied that no, there were about four others in the same boat, which surprised her because she thought they would all work extra hard to get to go to the party... but yeah... apparently my slacker, procrastinating child is in good company.
Simon seems to have turned a corner in his bad mood and happily skipped into school this morning. Hope it stays that way. He has been a beast lately.
Jonathan is still pleasant and wonderful lately. (So maybe, just maybe, I have a respite for a bit before one of the three goes psycho on me again. they rotate the crazy, which I think is actually pretty considerate of them...) I bought him a little watering can from the dollar bin at Target today and he watered all of my outside flowers "by myself!!! I do it by myself! YOU do not help me!!!" He cracks me up. We had good intentions of planting sunflower seeds down by the woods on the vacant lot in our neighborhood, but we got chased off by a mutant monster bee. Maybe tomorrow.
Nothing much else to report. Ben has a well-visit at the pediatrician's this afternoon, so I have to pick both big boys up from school. I sort of feel bad about that, because Simon will miss center time in his class, but Simon, on the other handwas pretty excited about cutting out at 2:50. LOL! So I guess it's all good.
No comments:
Post a Comment