He is really a NICE kid, at least that's what I saw... and, probably best of all, he was kind and patient with Simon. He has two younger brothers, one in 2nd grade and one in Kindergarten, so I guess he's used to annoying little brothers butting in. It really made an impression on me. And because HE was nice to SImon, Ben was also nice to Simon and all went really, really well.
I listened in on some of their conversations when they would pass through the living room and it wasn't just Ben talking AT the other kid, which happens a lot. There was back and forth and the other little boy seemed genuinely interested in the conversation. Whew. (Ben's a tough playmate sometimes, honestly)
They played in Ben's room and the playroom for awhile, played a little Minecraft with Simon and then played baseball outside for an hour with Tom after dinner. Then Tom and Ben took him home.
This little friendship could work, I think... :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment