My lack of posting calls for a bulleted update...
* Sorry it has been so quiet around here lately. Aside from the lack of internet last week, I've been distracted. My tiny little snowglobe of a world was picked up and shaken all over the place last week when one of my neighbors got the final word that they got a house they had put an offer in on. It was a little unexpected, to say the least and to say I am not dealing with it well would be a giant understatement. I feel like I'm reliving a really REALLY sad time from my childhood when we lived in a townhouse neighborhood just like the one I live in now and one of my best friends moved away. I spent weeks before the new owners moved into the house just wandering around my friend's empty and lonely backyard with tears in my eyes. I guess I'm just overly sentimental or something...
We are fortunate to have SO many wonderful friends and neighbors where we live and any of them moving would leave a giant hole just like this neighbor moving will... we'll get back to normal eventually, but it will never ever be quite the same around here.
And with that lovely downer of a bullet... here's a more upbeat one...
* I had a fantastic conference with Ben's teacher last Thursday. He has progressed wonderfully since the last time I spoke with her and he's doing so well. She has noticed his crazy math skillz but wants me to work with him to make sure he understands how to show his work, since he always seems to arrive at the answers in his head. She had me go get a workbook of word problems. He's having a blast with it too... I just leave it out on the table and every so often, he'll wander by and knock out a page. She says his reading has progressed to an early second-grade level and that he just needs to work on fluency now (reading in a less choppy way), which she chalks up to just a lack of confidence. She also said he's a map expert (LOL!) and wanted to know why he loves North Korea so much and did he know someone there? HAHAHAHAHAHA... I told her that no, he probably just likes the way it's shaped or how its flag looks. ;)
* Simon... well, he's Simon these days. Some days are good and some are downright painful. The last couple days have been wonderful! So I can't complain. :)
* Baby Three is still genderless, and its driving me nuts. Although, on Saturday, I am going to take the somewhat questionable Accugender test just for kicks, so we'll see what that yields. After that, we only have to wait until April 1 to know the truth! Not feeling much in the way of movement at ALL. I can count on one hand the number of "maybe that was kick?" moments I've had, which is really weird for me, I've usually felt the baby a TON by this point. At any rate, I'm hoping it means this baby is my most laid-back one ever. My youngest brother-in-law, who is also third in line, is the most type-B person I've ever met, so I'm hoping it's a family tradition. ;)
So that's us in a nutshell right now. Definitely taking the camera outside today (it's going to be in the 60's!!!) so hopefully some new pictures to share later.
3 comments:
Oooh! Gender tests! Can't wait!
Sucks about Beth moving. :(
Sucks a ton... but I'm trying to look at it as just expanding our neighborhood and a new place to play. 15 minutes is not a long drive... (sigh)
And I know! I'm SO excited for Saturday morning!
Y'all can come my way and play! I'm all alone here. I guess that's why I don't mind anyone moving out around my place.
Post a Comment