Search This Blog

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Back!

Well, after five days without internet, save for the tiny screen and keyboard on Tom's cell phone, we are back online. Seriously annoying and what's REALLY annoying is that Comcast couldn't fix it. Ultimately, it was Tom who figured out the problem. And yes, it was Comcast's fault. Whatever. SO very very frustrating.

Anyway, I'm back and I owe Simon a monthday post and I need to post a belly picture up on Three's blog. I also owe a TON of people emails.

Off to get caught up...

3 comments:

Erika said...

What ended up being the problem? We've had no internet periods too and Comcast is usually useless. I'm curious what Tom figured out!

Erin said...

Well, the SYMPTOM was that we were technically connected, but we would only get this Comcast activation page, which we were told by numerous Comcast customer service reps usually only shows up when you haven't paid your bill and they cut off your service. (not the case)

The fifth tech Tom talked to (after our issue was "escalated" to high priority, seemed to want to blame it on our router, although he admitted that they have had a lot of complaints of this problem lately. So basically, they washed their hands of the problem. Tom figured out something that involved IP addresses and some other such techie babble that I didn't understand... and voila, it worked this morning.

Anonymous said...

i've just got back online too and i'm glad to see i haven't really missed anything on your blog!!