Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Random

In an effort to post on a more regular basis this week, I bring you THIS post in bullet points, rather than wait until an entire post has written itself in my head.

* Yesterday, I pulled down the bin of infrequently worn costumes I had put up in the attic months ago. CHRISTMAS IN JULY!! Ben rediscovered his storm trooper outfit and marched around in that for a good two hours. Simon found a pair of Batman gauntlets that make noise when you make a punching motion. He wore those and a black cape and kept running back and forth to check himself out in the mirror. The only problem with this activity is that Simon can't get himself in and out of most of the costumes yet and his gloves kept falling off, at which point, he's shriek and come running back for me to put them back on... finger by finger by finger. I truly TRULY understand now why the teachers at the preschool insist the kids wear mittens in the winter, not gloves. I mean, I got it before, but after doing that 145 times yesterday, I REALLY get it now.

* My new camera lens came yesterday! It is HUGE... I can see that it's really going to come in handy for outdoor pics though because of how it zooms. i should be able to take really good quality pics of the kids playing without having to be right in their faces.

* My entire street of neighbors is on vacation at the same time. It's eerily quiet around here...

* I've been reading the books "Raising Cain" and "It's a Boy" (both by the same author) If you are the mom of a boy, PLEASE go get these books and read them a.s.a.p. They are amazingly insightful! Who knew there were so many ways to mess up a boy? I thought boys were supposed to be easier than girls?!

* Speaking of boys, my friend Janelle just found out she is having her FOURTH boy in November. I am in both shock and awe. Not to mention, I can't wait to hear what name they pick... they pick great names!

* Terry O'Quinn a.k.a. Lost's John Locke, apparently lives in Northern Baltimore County! Two of my FB friends posted statuses yesterday about seeing him at the Wegman's!! A neighbor reported that he is thinking of joining the country club they belong to! I don't know about you, but if I saw John Locke walking toward me in the produce section, I might just pee my pants. Not from being starstruck or anything, but because his character on that show is just so CREEPY. It'd be weird to see him out and about...

And with that, I'm off... Little Dude is up. (yawn) i was hoping to get one more cup of coffee in me before facing the day, but such is life!

No comments: