I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed the rainy day yesterday... well, most of it. There was some whining and fighting in there that I didn't enjoy so much, but that could really be any day. We watched some Disney channel, went to Target, got laughed at by our cashier because we were just there the day before, played Legos and playdough, perused Ebay for cool Lego star Wars guys (you wouldn't believe how much people want for those silly little things) and went on a Jedi puddle stomping adventure with light sabers when the rain stopped. No sign of Tinkerbell and Peter Pan yesterday.
I ran into one of the non-vacationing neighbors who lives on a different street out doing something similar with her kids, so we chatted for a little while. Mostly about how quiet the week has been. I can't complain though... I love our neighbors and I love that the kids play outside together almost every day, but the short break from doing it every single day every time one of my kids spots his friends outside was kind of nice. We just wandered and looked at things and picked up sticks and rocks and crabapples and these horribly sticky walnut looking things growing on a tree down the street. Don't get me wrong. SO ready for them all to be back. But it was a nice change of pace for the week.
Today? Probably more of the same. If the rain keeps up, I have a little work to do on my niece's birthday gift, which I'm pretty excited about. :) Ben is helping me and he's excited too... although he keeps trying to steal my supplies and keep them for his own. I'll show you what it is when it's finished... but for now, it's a secret. :)
Simon has a wet cough, but is otherwise fine. Dunno what that's about. Trying to decide if I need to start pumping him full of asthma medication, which he's really not going to enjoy.
And yeah, that's Friday. There may be a few pics and video later if I get around to uploading... I took some funny stuff of the boys playing yesterday. Crazy kids. They make me laugh when they are not making me crazy!
No comments:
Post a Comment