Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Dudes....

The boys have been playing SO nicely together lately! They are really at wonderful ages for this...

Yesterday, they wandered into my bedroom where I had the castle Ben got for Christmas packed up in a box. The plan was to take it over to Grandmom's and set it up there for awhile. But they BOTH asked me to put it together and teamed up to remove all the pieces from the box. So I obliged. They set about dividing up the box of knights and horses.

I couldn't believe it when they sat there and played quietly with it for a solid hour. Such imagination too... there were Lego guys involved and a whole storyline (that I couldn't really follow). Simon, of course, was just kind of along for the ride with Ben's storyline, but he definitely played along. He also kept bringing me the "corn" (HA! He meant the Unicorn... LOL!) so I could put the knight on it to ride it. Just made me laugh.

I took advantage of the quiet time to straighten the upstairs and even read for awhile... so nice!

The downside to all this is that I now have a giant castle set up in my bedroom. LOL.

In many ways, having Ben gone all day every day (in only a month!!!) is actually going to make things more challenging around here. When Ben is here, they play together all day and, though I do sometimes join in, I don't really NEED to. I can't imagine how lost Simon is going to be without Ben here for entertainment during the week! There will be a definite adjustment period there... hrm...

No comments: