Search This Blog

Friday, July 25, 2008

Simon's Surprise!

Last night, I guess Simon was feeling like he was missing out on the daddy/Ben party in the basement because he DID NOT want to go to sleep. I went up around 8:30 and just rocked him and talked to him for awhile. Eventually he put his head on my shoulder but continued to babble away.

Just for fun, I said, "Simon, where's your nose?" (not expecting a real response because usually he just giggles at me or pinches MY nose)... he sat up, pointed to his nose and said, "Noh". So I tried another one. "Simon, where's your mouth?" He pointed to his mouth and said, "Meh." I tried to stump him with teeth, but apparently he has figured out where those are too, and calls them "Chee" That was the end of the game as it seems eyes, hair and ears are still a mystery to him. ;) Oh, but he DOES know where his big 'ol belly is!

Anyway, I was so surprised! I had NO idea he knew any of that yet. That's kind of the sad part of the second child... you don't have as much one-on-one time as you do when you only had one, so sometimes they learn things without you even realizing it.

I can't wait until school starts in September and I have that little chunk of time in the morning with just him. :)

No comments: