Search This Blog

Monday, July 07, 2008

Busy Week...

I have an insane week coming up because this Sunday, my house is the venue for my soon-to-be new sister-in-law's (wow, that was a lot of hyphens) wedding shower. I have so much to do and two children to continuously undo most of it, so I'll be trying to keep up with them and their messes all week long. I'm tired just thinking about it. That part is way more exhausting than the actual day of the shower work!

Thankfully, my other SIL is also doing a ton plus making food and my MIL and her family are making a lot of the food... but I will be still be running around like the proverbial chicken with its head cut off. I've decided not to panic about where 18 people are going to go because it's worked out before. And, frankly, as long as everyone over 60 years old has a place to sit, I really don't care if some people need to park themselves on the floor!

Anyway, so yeah... that's the week I'm looking at. I'm also hoping and praying that our patio construction doesn't get slowed down by rain. It'd be nice to have the big Bobcat thing out of the yard by the shower... but I've also decided not to worry about that because it's out of my hands!

In other news, we had THE most gigantic thunderstorm last night! I was SURE it would wake up the kids, but somehow, it didn't. I was woken out of a sound sleep by a simultaneous thunder/lightning combination that set off car alarms up and down the street! I like thunderstorms... but not when they're that close! Sheesh!

Ah well... off to start work on my to-do list! :)

No comments: