Search This Blog

Friday, July 11, 2008

Simon is 14 Months Old!


Dear Simon,

Today you are 14 months old!

You spent the majority of the month mastering walking. About a week ago, (when we were about to go to the Aquarium, where I just couldn't let you be barefoot... ick) I reazlized that you haven't worn shoes (or socks) of any kind in probably three months. You love being barefoot and were none too pleased when I slapped a pair of your brother's old size 4.5 tennis shoes on you. You looked down at your feet quizzically, pounded them on the floor and then grabbed at them and looked at me as if to say, "What's the deal with the cement blocks, mommy?" Then you tried to walk in them and it was just not pretty. Halfway through the aquarium, while in the backpack, you starting fidgeting and fussing and did not stop until I removed those darn shoes. You were happy as a clam to spend the rest of the visit in your socks, which were black by the time we left. Ew.

Yesterday, I took you for your first pair of shoes because, I'm sorry, but a kid needs shoes now and then even if it's summertime. I found out that, though your little feet are a size 4 they put you in size 5.5!! No wonder you cried when I crammed those piggies into size 4's. Sorry buddy, you live, you learn. If it makes you feel any better, your brother's current shoes were a size and a half too small too. My bad! ;) Anyway, now that you actually have comfortable shoes on your feet, you wore them without complaint for a lot of the day yesterday and you are getting used to walking in them. :)


I love your baby kisses and now you also do big baby hugs where you throw your arms around us and squeeze. You are such a big teddy bear. :) You are back to being a little on the clingy side this month... I think that nasty old tooth popping through in the back and the other three threatening are giving you a little trouble. You are still sleeping well though and for that, we are grateful! However, I do think you are dropping the morning nap.... why do you have to grow up so fast? ;)

You don't eat as much as you used to, but you still will eat just about anything. Last week, it was smoked salmon and flounder... this week you tried zucchini! For some reason though, you have decided that carrots are evil and all you want to do is squish them with your thumb. Also, we have discovered that you seem to have an allergic reaction to spinach, which is VERY sad because creamed spinach is one of your most favorite foods ever. When you even see the box come out of the freezer you, go nuts, "Dat! Dat! Dat!!" and can hardly wait for me to cook it and cool it off.

You love pretty much any toy Ben is playing with and you are starting to drive him insane. Watching you toddle after your big brother though just melts my heart. Your favorite toy of his these days (other than whatever he is holding), is his magnetic fish puzzle. You will scurry into his room whatever chance you get, take it off the shelf and start fishing. You also know his bedtime medicine routine and will take his nose spray off the shelf, pop the cap off and stick it up your nose... or in your eye. You crack us up!

You've discovered you can climb onto the couch if you take a cushion off, which is extremely annoying, though cute... especially after you do it and you look so proud of yourself.

You dance this month! Your dance pretty much consists of bopping your head back and forth like Stevie Wonder and then you "sing" along in sort of a tone-deaf baby sort of way. I really do need to get this on video because it's very funny when you really get into it. Your favorite thing to dance to is our neighbor's Batman bike that plays music. Anytime it's outside, you'll climb on and start pushing the buttons. You'll sit on it for a half hour just bopping your head around and singing.

You laugh SO much. Daddy says he had you laughing so hard at something or other last night that you had tears running down your face. Oh, I hope you always do that... it's beautiful!

We love you, Little Dude!
Love,
Mommy

No comments: