7a.m. begins the hammering, sawing, drilling and other miscellaneous noises I can't identify. Doesn't bother me at all because I'm always up this early, if not earlier... but man, I am going to owe ALL my neighbors on the entire street fresh baked muffins or something after this week... ;) They are they moving SO fast though! I think the top deck is going to be nearly finished sometime today!
I saw my next door neighbor outside last night and walked over to apologize for the giant tire tracks in the yard. He said it was fine, not to worry about it. But I could tell he was mildly annoyed. He even said something to the effect of, "Well, they really didn't need to use that." (but seriously, how else were they going to transport a zillion tons of wood up our crazy steep hill to the backyard?)
I told him we would seed it after the project is done... however, this guy, who is about my parents' age, treats us like we are his kids or something and just kind of laughed (I actually half expected him to pat me on the head) and said, "No no... seed won't take in the summertime. I was thinking you guys could go in on an aerator with me in the fall and we could aerate the whole side lawn and seed then." Frankly, I just wanted him to tolerate the Bobcat being on our shared lawn for another week, so I said we were game. (he's been wanting to do that for several years now, so may as well... though most of the bare patches are from his dog... sigh)
Another neighbor (from the other end) walked down around 5 and poked her head around to see what was going on. She commented that we sure were putting a lot into our house. (she came inside a few months ago to see how our attic stairs were installed and also saw the hardwood and took a peek at the bathroom we had redone) I said we planned on being here for awhile! Plus, the things we are doing are mostly things that need to be done before we would sell anyway... our deck was in awful shape and I'm surprised it passed inspection the FIRST time around! Anyway, she seemed pleased to hear we'd be here for awhile.... hopefully it makes her happy enough that she'll tolerate the noise for the next week. ;)
Townhouse neighborhoods can be so complicated!
Pics of the deck progress later. Might take the boys to the pool today to get away for a bit. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment