Tom and I had a competition today at the allergist to see who was the most allergic. We decided to let the doctor make the call, instead of basing it on who had the most hives (me!) and/or whose hives were the biggest (Tom!). I thought for sure Tom would be the clear winner, as he actually feels dreadfully SICK and just dead to the world when his allergies are bad. Mine are just kinda year-round low-grade sniffles, sinus headaches, itchy eyes and sneezing.
I was so very wrong.
According to the doctor, I won by a landslide. I'm allergic to every tree pollen and grass pollen they tested for, as well as ragweed, dustmites and cats. Who knew? I knew about the cats, and assumed the dust mites because I sneeze every morning and have attacks in the middle of the night; but I thought my seasonal stuff was pretty minimal.
Tom had a most of the tree pollens, a couple grass and two outdoor molds. But the doctor said Tom will only need meds from July - October, whereas, apparently I will need year-round stuff, plus a catscan to see if my sinus issues have become chronic, which would mean even more medication. All to prevent sinus surgery which would eventually be necessary, and probable asthma that would develop. Good times. He also said we should strongly consider taking all the carpet out of our house. Hrm... if I can only figure out a way to bill that to the insurance...
After all is under control, we are both going to start getting the shots to cure all of it completely. (which is a long LONG process that involves many copays...)
I just dropped off half a dozen prescriptions to Walgreens!
Oh, yeah so and when Ben remembered where we were going, he asked Tom if he was going to get a treat. Tom said no, but then asked what kind of a treat he SHOULD get if cooperated at the doctor. Ben answered...
"Beer!"
Heh. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment