Search This Blog

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Yesterday....

So I never did disconnect the internet yesterday... I was a big failure on that one. But I'm going to do it today. ;)

I also didn't get outside until 4p.m. I kinda got "trapped by the nap". I hate when that happens. You rush to get everyone dressed and then oops, it's naptime. There go two hours. And then you feed everyone lunch (another 45 minutes), clean them and their mess up (another half hour), find shoes, jackets, diaper bag, sippy cups and wallet (another 15 minutes), change poopy diaper (5 minutes), and before you know it, you only have an hour until it's naptime again. It kinda has me looking forward to the days of one nap. (almost).

I did manage to get out for that hour yesterday. I dragged the boys over to Kid2Kid, which I have heard so many good things about from various people. It was a little smaller than I expected, and the selection for big boys was kinda eh. But I did score Simon two really cute shirts plus a little shortall set and some jeans for $12. So I was happy. I now trying to decide if it's worth it to dig through my collection of baby clothes for some things to consign there. I'm thinking not, because if they are only charging ME $1.00 for a really nice pair of 12-month baby jeans, how much could they possibly have given the mom who brought them in?

Anyway, then we got home and it was naptime... again. So Little Dude napped. Ben played in his room while I sorted through his bookshelf for some things to put up in the attic since I currently can't fit even ONE MORE BOOK on that shelf and I don't see any end to the influx of children's books to this house. (which yes, is a good thing... but it's forcing me to reevaluate my book storage situation) ;)

After THAT, we finally... FINALLY got outside. And it was just sooooo nice. :) The 'hood was hoppin'. The kids ran and ran. Simon crawled and climbed and just generally made me chase him and keep him from hurting himself. Beth brought out coffee for the neighborhood 4p.m. "happy hour" ;) (Thanks, Beth!) Mr. Ryan brought out icy pops for the kids. I tried to snap pictures but they all move too darn fast. (I briefly sat and pondered getting a real camera with a cool suped-up lens and taking some photography classes) The daddies came home. It was just NICE.

I love this time of year.... :)

No comments: