Until very recently, I never understood why someone wouldn't say their baby was walking when they had already taken their first steps. Then I had Simon. He is learning to walk in such a completely different way than Ben did and it's very interesting to observe. Ben took three first steps. Then a few more the next day and a few more the next day. I bought him his first shoes and the next week, he was walking more than we he was crawling. A month later, he was running. I thought that's just how it worked. Which, back to my first sentence, is why I never understood why it was so hard for some people to come up with exactly when their child "walked".
Simon, in keeping with his personality, has approached it in a much more cautious manner. He has taken steps. Quite a few, actually, in the last two weeks. Usually two or three at a time before he falls on his well-padded backside. I did write in the baby book when his actual "first step" was, but it kinda feels like cheating because I definitely would not say he's walking. In fact, I bet we have another month or two before it really gets going.
Anyway, it's just very funny. But when someone ever asks me years from now when my second child started walking, I'll have to ponder it for awhile!
And to all who who will criticize me for comparing my children, I'm not... just noting and enjoying the differences between them. 'K? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment