Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Hodge Podge...

* Today is Ben's school picnic. It is raining. Again. I am sad.

* Ben ate broccoli the other night. TWO stalks. For my mother-in-law. Willingly. Happily, even. I have to concede this food victory to her and her "just ignore him" method. I also need to get the recipe for the mac-and-cheese which was the currency with which she convinced him the broccoli was worth eating. (and then ignored him)

* We went to Lakeshore yesterday and got this really cool sand that can't get wet. You can mold it underwater and then when you spoon it out? Totally dry. None of us can stop playing with it.

* I am sneezing and now find myself jealous of my four-year-old and his newly improved, non-sneezing self. I am restraining myself from not swiping his allergy meds. (Tom and I are going to get tested next week! Yeehaw!)

* Simon's on just whole milk now. I forgot how annoying it is to keep the fridge stocked with two separate milk jugs at all times and look forward to the day he drinks skim with the rest of us. If I buy a half gallon, it's not enough. If I buy a gallon, we don't use it all. GAH. Where can I get a 3/4 gallon?

* He's also down to just the one bottle before bed. I've been trying to give it to him before he's actually ready go to sleep and instead, after pj's and when he's just winding down. First off, because I want to brush his teeth after it. Secondly, because I want him to lose the sleep/bottle connection. I hope to ditch this last bottle in the next month or so. Yay! I'm ready to not have bottles and bottle parts sitting on the counter for awhile... ;)

* Do you think Simon will EVER get the rest of his teeth? He's been stuck at six for months now.

* Ben's new favorite book is The Pout Pout Fish. The rhyme is on a loop in my brain all day long. "I'm a Pout Pout fish with a pout pout face! Spreadin' dreary wearies all over the place!" There, now maybe it will crawl out of my head and into yours. ;) You're welcome.

* Both of my children are still sleeping. I just enjoyed my entire cup of coffee. Alone. Ahhh....

No comments: