This afternoon we took Ben for his 6-month checkup. Fun fun fun. Wouldn't you know the only developmental question the doctor asks us is the ONE thing my kid isn't doing yet? He could have asked if he was crawling, standing holding on to things, pulling up, sitting up, drinking from a sippy cup... but noooooo... he asks:
Doc: "Is he babbling mama and dada yet?"
Tom: "Uh..." (looks at me)
Me: "Uh... no... all he says is "mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!" a LOT."
Doc: "Oh, well does he point to things?"
Me: "Uhh... noooo... but he manages to communicate with us through a series of grunts and whining does that count?"
Ben: Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!
Anyway, the boy is 16.5 pounds and 25.5 inches. I think I saw on the chart that he's in the 44th percentile, though I may have read that wrong. His height and weight still sound on the small side to me.
We get to feed him meat for dinner now. Hooray! (actually, not so hooray. I hear the meat makes their poopy even stinkier... ick). If I remember the doctor's instructions correctly, we're supposed to give him cereal for breakfast, veggie for lunch and meat for dinner, with fruit after all three. Is it just me or is thatalotta food? I have a hard enough time getting him to finish a bottle NOW. I can't even imagine what it will be like when I start feeding him solids three times a day.
This appointment, we were due for four shots. The boy did okay, especially since, once again, I screwed up the numbing cream. In four visits, I have yet to get it right. :\ Mommy is dumb. :(
We go again next month for a flu shot and then not again until December, to which Ben says, "Mmmmmmmm!" (Benspeak for "Yay!")
No comments:
Post a Comment